What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check this out

Hi everyone -

Check this out. I fed my "Red Rosette Giant x Burgundy Trap Giant Upright" a blood filled tick that fell off my Father In Law's German Shepard.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the photo of the tick/dime.
NECPS Flytrap Photos

WildBill

You'd better keep an eye on that VFT! It's got a taste for dogs now!!!
tounge.gif

P.S. And my post count hits 800!!! Party at the house!!!

You crossed that VFT? Red rossetted giant x burgundy Trap Giant Upright?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?

I got the plant last summer from Phil Faulisi who posted about some plants he was selling on the ICPS listserve. I think it was his creation.

WildBill

Wild Bill, that is a fantastic website...immediately put it on my "favorites" list. The photos are great...especially the trap eating a frog.
I guess the myriad of baby chamelons around here will be next on the menu for my very large Dente.

That is a fat tick. Glad the venus flytrap caught it.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for sharing.

Travis

Ive heard some ticks carry lime disease wouldnt that hurt the plant

No it would not effect any plant. The tick can only infect lyme disease if they bite certain mammals. Plus, a tick is not born with lyme disease it has bite to an infected host that has lyme disease. Upper Michigan is crawling with ticks...That is why I live in Lower Michigan k/d.

Travis
smile.gif

Lauderdale: thanks. I can't take credit for the photos, but i do handle the website.

Please don't feed baby chameleons to a VFT. Feed it something more mundane and common.
sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (D muscipula @ July 03 2003,10:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please don't feed baby chameleons to a VFT.  Feed it something more mundane and common.
sad.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
The Chameleons - Isnt that a music band?
rolleyes.gif
What kind of insect are those?
confused.gif

Karma Chameleon was a song. A chameleon is a lizard, famous for being able to change its coloration.

Back