What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check out this site

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
This site will zoom into your neighborhood and house. Just thought it was interesting.

Satelite

Joe

It's fun and disturbing. It's weird I saw some of my cars that I don't own anymore. It was like looking at a snapshot that you've never seen before.

It's fun to play with  
but
Big Brother is watching...

That is extremely disturbing - now I feel the need to comb my hair everytime I walk outside, plus I'll have to always be looking up and waving in case they update the photo.

Ha,it did not find where I live.Just goes to show you,no matter how much technology you have,there are some things you cant do.

Jerry

I thought it was a bit disturbing too. Like that movie with Gene Hackman and Will Smith called something State.

Joe

I guess you guys are too young to remember "1984."  And I guess I'm just an old **** and should get used to it.
(Please don't stop nude sunbathing
biggrin.gif
 )

I was 4 then. What about 1984?

Joe

It was a novel by George Orwell published in 1968, expanding on a story first written in 1921 portraying the future bleakly.  Here's a link to a discussion on it --  http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/

Ugh, that was one of the most disturbing and wrong-minded novels it has ever been my displeasure to read. I was wondering for years what i was missing, and as of last year i know: NOTHING

That is kind of disturbing, but cool that we have access to it. Makes you wonder what else is out there.

Did anybody subscribe to it? I want to just to have those 3 more levels of zoom. But ya.....it just isn't worth $30 a month.

Back