What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaper CP water Update.

I was looking for another supplier as the current RO water I was buying was a rip-off. So, to cut the story short I bought a Hanna TDS1 that has been factory calibrated which includes a certificate etc etc.

The expensive RO water gave a reading of 003 on the TDS meter, if this is correct then I'm guessing this is really good quality water. Now to my surprise the cheaper water gave a reading of 001 :0o:

I even dipped the tester in and out a few times but it always remained on 001. My tap water kept going up from 80 up to 109 before I stopped putting it back in the water.

IMG_20140601_142443.jpg

IMG_20140601_141705.jpg

Water is water. You can hit the point of diminishing returns very easily with the advanced filters.

Water is water. You can hit the point of diminishing returns very easily with the advanced filters.

The problem I had is getting water that I can actually trust using on my CP's. None of the supplier gave any info regarding their water and all claimed that the water was distilled or similar, and charged a crazy price for the stuff. So had to test for myself and was happily surprised with the findings.

Last edited:
Back