What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus

I have a Cephalotus in a terrarium and the hoods on some of the pitchers are bending back. It took a few weeks. They were open in its natural position and then one day one bent past its normal position and now exposes its under part. Two days later another pitcher did the same thing. I didn't know if anyone knew why this was happening. I think it might have to do with temperature, humidity, or light but i don't know. thanks for any advice.
Ryan

That's a good sign. They tend to droop their lids when humidity is low to stop the liquid inside evaporating.

It seems like it has bent to far back. Sort of like when you push an umbrella too far and it curves the other way. I didn't know if it was natural.
Thanks
Ryan

if the inside of the lid grows faster than the outside due to low RH, that happens. i think i got that right.

Back