What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Tank

:hail: It looks like a natural field of them in the wild!!

Thanks for the info.
I WANT IT!
I'm a HUGE ceph addict. Looking forward to any and all updates you may want to share in the future.

I will try to keep this thread updated on any significant progress.

haha.. I'd even be happy to see any insignificant progress. :bigthumpup:

Do you have some "making of" pictures of your tank? I really love it :) is it hard to keep it so green?

Do you have some "making of" pictures of your tank? I really love it :) is it hard to keep it so green?
Sorry, but I didn't take any construction photos.

The moss takes care of itself, with just the odd bit of Sphagnum moss removal, as some snook in their with one of the plants.

I started a cephalotus tank a couple of months back thanks to you Mobile. I can post pics if you'd like. Mine is just now starting to get a carpet of moss:).

@dionae I would like to see it :)

I want to start one of mine, but I have no idea how to orginise the bottom of the tank, under the ground.

Who needs television or the Internet when you can stare at that all day.

Beautiful! I might have some new ambitions for my ceph cuttings :)

I will try to keep this thread updated on any significant progress.
Have you noticed some changes? :) Do you have some new photos?

Wow! Love how you made the topography there. Gives you better views of all the plants

Have you noticed some changes? :) Do you have some new photos?
It has taken a while for them to settle in and start putting out new pitchers, but they are now putting out new adult ones. I will try to get a few pictures in the next few days and upload them here.

very nice setup there. i like it.

Hi mobile. What temperatures and humidity do you have in you tank?

this is an awesome thread, and mobile it has been over a year and i was curious if you had any new pics/updates as to how the terrarium looks? thanks

monkey_Cup, that's a heck of a coincidence, as I stripped down the tank on exactly that same say as you made this post. The Cephalotus did well for a while, but then they slowed down growth. I think there might be a couple of determining factors, one of which is the drainage of the medium. I used just Moorland Gold, with no aggregate, which in retrospect was a mistake. Moorland Gold has finer fibres than normal peat and it compacted rather a lot, creating anaerobic conditions. The other factor is the U. sandersonii which took over the whole tank. If I were to do this again in the future I would definitely add aggregate to the peat, which would probably be grit sand as I don't particularly like perlite.

Such a shame!! Sorry to hear about that. But the idea and original look was brilliant and I'm dying to get space for something like that one day.

mobile, hate to hear the tank went down hill, but i do appreciate your response and update on the status of your awesome terrarium.

Back