What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus showing good color.

cephalotus0073.jpg

This is my first Cephalotus (provenance: D. Hastings) acquired last June as a small plant, no adult pitchers present. It spent the second half of the summer outdoors, in a shaded greenhouse, with some late afternoon direct sun. It currently resides in my highland Nepenthes house and continues to form new adult pitchers of good size and coloring. Enjoy!

Those have a nice hue to em.

Beautiful!

Looks great!

Those are dark!

Lookin great Paul! Thanks for sharing!

Nice pitcher colouratation. I wish I could get sand as pure/white as that you use as a top dressing.

I wish I could get sand as pure/white as that you use as a top dressing.

As I found out here in Germany, "filter sand" is available mostly in very white qualities. Such filter sand is used in freshwater filters and pool filters. Here in Germany, even eBay sellers sell bags of filter sand in postal packets, but I think in UK they don't as the shipping for heavy packets is ridiculous costly in UK. But perhaps you can find a local store with pool filter equipment that also sells white filter sand?

As I found out here in Germany, "filter sand" is available mostly in very white qualities. Such filter sand is used in freshwater filters and pool filters. Here in Germany, even eBay sellers sell bags of filter sand in postal packets, but I think in UK they don't as the shipping for heavy packets is ridiculous costly in UK. But perhaps you can find a local store with pool filter equipment that also sells white filter sand?
Pool filter sand is also available on eBay UK, with postage cost of approx. €8 for 25kg, but it is not white. White quartz sand is not readily available in the UK, in any form.

Back