What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant' divided

Wow, you got an entire army of Cephs out of that one clump. Are you taking the "Jerry" approach to division? That is, not being overly sensitive with the whole process?

I repotted all of my Cephs a couple of months ago and, although the large pitchers died, there are little green pitchers and leaves popping up on them, so I'm comfortable saying I didn't kill any. They're all on the windowsill in a water tray for winter dormancy, though, so I'm not expecting any real growth for a few months.

nice work! That looked like a very healthy plant. Can you tell about your media and watering method?

Save me a couple DJ:). Looks to of
Really loved its growing conditions!

Wow, you got an entire army of Cephs out of that one clump. Are you taking the "Jerry" approach to division? That is, not being overly sensitive with the whole process?

I repotted all of my Cephs a couple of months ago and, although the large pitchers died, there are little green pitchers and leaves popping up on them, so I'm comfortable saying I didn't kill any. They're all on the windowsill in a water tray for winter dormancy, though, so I'm not expecting any real growth for a few months.

Overly sensitive might be an understatement, took me a couple hours, haha. I expect to be a wreck until I am sure they forgive me.

nice work! That looked like a very healthy plant. Can you tell about your media and watering method?

Thank you. I use a mix of peat/sand/pumice with some perlite at the bottom of the pot. The pots sit in a tray, which I put a little water in and then let the tray go completely dry before adding more water, maybe every 3 days or so depending on the size of the pot (the mother plant was in a 6" pot). I do not top water them.

Back