What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus clones

Apply those and most of the current cultivars would be disqualified.

Bigger pitcher is easily obtained in terrariums with high humidity and low light. which I would consider a less than ideal environment.

As I said - I am being punished by my Cephalotus for providing excellent lighting and atmospheric conditions! :ohno:

Bigger pitcher is easily obtained in terrariums with high humidity and low light. which I would consider a less than ideal environment.
and that would be for any ceph whatever you wanna call it

Apply those and most of the current cultivars would be disqualified.

That pretty up sums up my point, they are not cultivars in my opinion. Just registered plants:-))

With the 6 or so expections that have real possibilities of meeting those requirements.

As I said - I am being punished by my Cephalotus for providing excellent lighting and atmospheric conditions! :ohno:

I wouldnt grow them that way. It can make the soft. And soft plants are a magnet for a host of problems.

and that would be for any ceph whatever you wanna call it

never tried it with a lot of clones. after growing that way I decided I wanted healthy plants instead of big plants. quickly switched to a open air setup with lots of airflow. plants never looked better!

i grow them the same jkal,I also find lots of variation when i grow the same clone in different pots in different places

So you guys say for healthier cephs to grow them in open air I just built a terrarium so I should jut keep my heli in there

Cephs can be adapted to most conditions - here in the U.K. Mine stay outdoors all year long - if we have a cold snap minus temps then I only take them into my shed or garage.
I feel there better kept harder but I like rss setup he made last year with racking that was the other type of ceph setup I would go with but it's your choice!

Happy growing

Back