What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ccps meeting

after spending a few hours at jeremiahs house last night, and planning the meeting heres what we basically have planned:
Silent Auction (special thanks to tony for donating some very nice plants)
Door prizes
Trading and show and tell
Oustanding plant awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
and ther'll probably be even more that i cant recall at the moment if you're gonna be there you'll have a blast, Ill be there taking photos my mom will take a video, and ehres a list of garunteed members who will be there:
Jeremiah Harris (duh!)
Kirk Simpson
Kevin Brown
Michael
Nicholas Johnson
we're hoping Steve Allinger (BCK) can make it
We're expecting 20-30 members to show up from time to time, I'll be in a Red Nike Jacket if youre looking

Florida is a long commute so I do not think I will make-it. I would be interested in recieveing the news letter and joining (being an outof state member).
Tre Bond

I'll be there
smile.gif
. And guess what I'll be bringing a few packets of?? There has got to be a least one person there I can trade these gemmae to..... I think I could (if I haven't already) supply most of Colorado with them. LOL

I'll trade, yay! Steve is coming, Ive been hoping i get to meet you sometime, cause everyone says what a nice guy you are, well today is the big day, and theres snow in the forecast, yay!

Hi Kirk,
Much as I'd like to bring my S. alabamensis, it's anything but astounding right now. It's entered dormancy, after a freeze nipped most of the ends of the pitchers. It is mostly pitcher nubs right now. I will bring my D. nitidula × ericksonae though. They are flowering and the rosettes look pretty nice. Might even be lucky and have a couple flowers open when I get there. That might be more than I should hope for though.

yeah i got TONS of photos, of some outstanding plants as well as some wierd people
smile_n_32.gif
however now i cant post any cuz my mom has the camera, i managed to come away with some nice stuff:
I bought a vietchii x rokko, but traded it afterwords
1 S. Purp x Rubra (had to come away with a nice sarr)
1 S. Flava
and 3 H. heter. x minor
not to mention i also scored some of the famous gemmae from Steve! Its already sowed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Nov. 26 2004,7:40)]not to mention i also scored some of the famous gemmae from Steve! Its already sowed
Famous?? I was thinking infamous or notorius
smile_n_32.gif
, but famous sounds better
laugh.gif
. I'll go for famous.

That was a pretty good turn out, especially for the first meeting. I was figuring we be doing good to have 15 people show. So 28 was really good. I think that everybody had fun and the door prizes and silent auction were great. I think everyone left with a new plant or two. Thanks again for the S. 'Scarlet Belle' × 'Hummer's Giant' seed
smile.gif

Had a great time at the meeting and checking out Jeremiah's greenhouses. Thank for all the work you put into getting this first meeting set up Kirk!

any time, im exited to do a meeting, but lets not forget jeremiah did most of the work, anyway, if you want any seed on my list, just pm me and ill be happy to send you some

Thanks Kirk
smile.gif
. Maybe this spring I'll do that. I have my window pretty well stuffed right now and am working on some way to make room in it for all the seeds I need to sow, so I'll have some plants to show/trade at the next meeting
laugh.gif

Great to hear of the turnout! Look forward to seeing some pics!!

Tony

Back