What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cat problems

I have a female 2 year old cat who keeps peeing when she gets outside my room. I have 2 other cats, 1 female, 1 male. I have no idea if this is a territorial thing or what. She won't pee in my room but as soon as she gets out in the living room she'll pee. This also bothers me because I'd like to give her more freedom but if this behavior continues she's going to have to stay in my room 24/7.

So does anyone have any ideas how I can straighten this behavior out? I've steam cleaned the carpets with cat/dog carpet cleaner. Believe it was called "Miracle" or something. It gets rid of the pee odor but it doesn't prevent my cat from peeing again. Any help would be appreciated!

Alas! this is a tough one. It was for this very reason that our cats eventually became outside cats. They have a cat door in to the laundry room, and it never gets that cold here, so that's a viable option for us. Frankly, we're a lot more sane for it.

I hope you can get something figured out! Cat pee is no fun at all.

it could be territorial issues. cats can get stressed when there's multiple of them. though, females are usually okay. it's the males that tend to get territorial. are the other cats picking on her?

do they each have their own, clean litter box? maybe she just doesn't like peeing in the community box.

is she spayed? unspayed female cats can spray when they're in heat.

it could be anything, really...you know cats...minds of their own.

he he he I have a very simple solution. Shoot the cat. LMAO

Just picking. I have 2 cats myself. They ruined my carpet in my bedroom peeing on the seems. It is something about the glue used to seem carpet to getehr that attracts them to pee. I cannot remember if I ever cought my cats peeing in the house, but I do know if I did I beat the tar out of them for doing it. Rubbed their nose in it and said no. It is a myth that cats cannot be trained.

Don't take these statements as me being cruil to animals. When I say beat the tar out of them I am just over exagerating spanking the cat. Heck my dog gets spanked too if she pees in the house. Her nose also gets rubbed in it too. Thanks goodness I don't have that problem anymore. I really do hate to spank my animals, but I do what I must.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Presto @ Dec. 15 2006,1:28)]it could be territorial issues. cats can get stressed when there's multiple of them. though, females are usually okay. it's the males that tend to get territorial. are the other cats picking on her?

do they each have their own, clean litter box? maybe she just doesn't like peeing in the community box.

is she spayed? unspayed female cats can spray when they're in heat.

it could be anything, really...you know cats...minds of their own.
Each have their own litter box. All of them are fixed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 15 2006,2:56)]he he he I have a very simple solution. Shoot the cat. LMAO

Just picking. I have 2 cats myself. They ruined my carpet in my bedroom peeing on the seems. It is something about the glue used to seem carpet to getehr that attracts them to pee. I cannot remember if I ever cought my cats peeing in the house, but I do know if I did I beat the tar out of them for doing it. Rubbed their nose in it and said no. It is a myth that cats cannot be trained.

Don't take these statements as me being cruil to animals. When I say beat the tar out of them I am just over exagerating spanking the cat. Heck my dog gets spanked too if she pees in the house. Her nose also gets rubbed in it too. Thanks goodness I don't have that problem anymore. I really do hate to spank my animals, but I do what I must.
I've heard of the rub the face in pee approach. Do you spank your cat like this Josh:
slap.gif

LMAO he he he I havent had to spank my cats in a while. LOL

Maybe she needs to find Jesus.

I apologize for that but couldn't resist. I hope my cousin the Southern Baptist preacher doesn't see this.

Back