What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivorous plants in fish tank

Anybody have cps(bladderworts)in a tank with fish?If so let me know.It might be a cool idea...maybe
tounge.gif

Jerry

Which bladderworts - terrestrial or aquatic? Do you know the species type?

Jerry,
I take it since you were asking about fish a few posts ago you mean aquatic. I have had success with U. aurea and U. inflata in my 40 gallon tank.....Until I got into discus late last year. My tanks temp is set to 83 degrees now, which the Utricularias were not able to handle along with my hornwort.
They did grow good when my temp was set to 76 degrees. I have 2 watts per gallon. Hagen Aqua-glo lights.

Hi,yes I meant aquatic.I wonder if they would eat small/baby fish?Thanks Steve for the fish forum links!

Jerry

Your welcome Jerry.
I do not think that they would catch livebearer fry. The traps are small. Most of my other fish ate the fry. I would recommend using a trap for the mother to give birth in. That was your fry are safe till they are large enough to place in the tank with the other fish.

Just to let you also know Jerry the ceph cutting are looking very good.

Cool,I cant wait to get it.I'll fix you up with some nice VFT and other cps.

Jerry

biggrin.gif

I`ve had them eat large mature mosquito larvae so they definately could eat young fish!

Back