What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

carnivorous plants at the UC Davis Botanical Conservatory

• Thread starter Tanukimo
  • Start date
Drosera peltata
Hn542TD.jpg

Nepenthes khasiana
mGIzr0H.jpg

Utricularia humboldtii
tDRaRwi.jpg

Utricularia geminiloba
3rx0qiI.jpg

Nepenthes albomarginata
BwQD1xC.jpg

Nepenthes reinwardtiana
Vpw5o45.jpg

Nepenthes clipeata
UGlR2J3.jpg

Nepenthes insignis
3zoMq0F.jpg

Utricularia humboldtii + Utricularia cv. Jitka
p5Xfcta.jpg

Nepenthes albomarginata
lcP33Ov.jpg

Nepenthes stenophylla
dGd3uhK.jpg

Nepenthes ephippiata
2ELgk1e.jpg

Nepenthes hamata
Qx550fV.jpg

Nepenthes rafflesiana
oJQVyMU.jpg

Utricularia prehensilis
gmfgH0u.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa
tjJjMVP.jpg

Nepenthes glandulifera
AQYZn9Y.jpg

Te4IJ87.jpg

N8xFd7F.jpg

0kDXMyI.jpg

Nepenthes truncata
h3KdLLo.jpg

Utricularia subulata
nZeReYa.jpg

Nepenthes ampullaria
yi4TYdU.jpg

Nepenthes bicalcarata
qV51fFy.jpg

IkJpeTn.jpg

I'm not really a Nepenthes guy but I really like that green albomarginata.

Are the first few pictures of a greenhouse besides the main conservatory? I've been in one of those once, where they seem to have a more diverse CP collection, but it's usually locked and staff seemed to give me the stink eye...

I was just mucking around the conservatory yesterday and there are plenty of Nepenthes in flower right now; everything's definitely feeling the effects of spring right now judging by the flushes of new growth.

The first few pictures are from the greenhouse on the far left of the main conservatory, closest to the parking lot. I've never had trouble getting in. I think they do most of their propagation in there and I have purchased several plants from there are well.

They have quite a collection there! Many more CPs than most places have.

Are the first few pictures of a greenhouse besides the main conservatory? I've been in one of those once, where they seem to have a more diverse CP collection, but it's usually locked and staff seemed to give me the stink eye...

I was just mucking around the conservatory yesterday and there are plenty of Nepenthes in flower right now; everything's definitely feeling the effects of spring right now judging by the flushes of new growth.

I like your blog, it's pretty cool.

Back