What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivorous plant artists

What artists did things with Carnivorous Paltns (besides Darwin's son and Allen Lowrie). Ha. Well I am taking the definition of Artist widely as possible. So Can anyone think of anyone else.

i remember someone had computer drawings of nepenthes somewhere...

pretty cool.

I'm not famous like those other guys but I made a limited edition Nepenthes inermis pitcher plant trap model kit and a set of 4 etched Nepenthes wine glasses a year or so ago.

You can see the model kit here:
http://www.toyriot.com/inermis.htm

I wanna publish a CP coloring book someday when I have time/energy to do so.

Hehehe, my friend Robin (author of the internet phenomenon "We Drink Ritalin") photoshopped this one night while I was showing him photos of Neps here on the boards. I don't remember who's pic this was originally - if you want me to take it down, please PM me and accept my humble apologies in advance. It sure is a pretty one though!
gentlemen_on_the_town_sm.jpg

He calls it, "Gentlemen on the Town."
~Joe

Do a google search for Marianne North. Hmmmmm.....where DID they get the name Nepenthes northiana from?
confused.gif

She was world traveller, and artist back in the day. We saw the gallery of her botanical paintings last year at Kew.

Nepenthes_northiana_01.jpg

_39244534_library.jpg

Below the paintings in the gallery, are samples of wood she collected from all over the world.

seedjar, i saw the We Drink Ritalin video.. awesome!!

the song is really good. great techno!

Mannex17~That is awesome,I love it! I wish I could draw that well.Swords~Yours are awesome too!And Seedjar~The one your friend made is pretty cute. ~Niki~
cool.gif

Someday in the next year or two I'm going to study some botanical illustration. When I do I'll have something to post.

There is a magnificent sculpture/collection of bronze nepth pitchers at the Atlanta airport on the international concourse. At the Attlanta Botanical gardens there is a nepth chandlier that hangs in the special collections house surrounded by Nepths by Dale Chihuly.

Thanks. Keep 'em comming. I'm not sure how many I need yet.

Herae are a few of my 3D CG illustrations of CPs. I use them as part of a PowerPoint slide show when I give talks on CPs:

CobrylaCut.jpg

Dewly2.jpg

NepBuggy.jpg

Sleep.jpg

TrayCobra.jpg

I love those internal bug shots!

I've done several sketches and one crappy painting of VFTs, and I recently did a large sketch of a N. ventricosa pitcher.

Back