What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis red..

I am looking for D. capensis "red form".  If anyone knows of a source for these, please PM me, thanks!

-------
Edit: for manners  
smile.gif

sry to intrude but if u any on has anyleft after trading with altrade212, id also like to trade to get some
Thanks alot
Hellz

Jeremiah,

Have you found that the seedlings consistently maintain the appearance of the parent? D. capensis 'Albino' seedlings do retain the albino characteristics. However, I think that I read an earlier thread that someone had noted that red capensis seedlings tended to become less red than the original parent. Just a question.

Hello

I got seed in a trade and the biggest seedling is about 3 inches and it has a nice deep red coloration much redder them the typical D. capensis. But I really don't know how red the parent was.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

I was sent some D. capensis 'red' seeds. I placed about 12 seeds in the pot. 5 germinated. 4 of them look like they are typical and 1 of them is completely red.
Are the seeds of the red form not always red?
All are grown in full sun.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Aug. 19 2004,11:40)]I placed about 12 seeds in the pot. 5 germinated. 4 of them look like they are typical and 1 of them is completely red.
Are the seeds of the red form not always red?
That is precisely why I asked the question originally. For some characteristics (D. 'Albino', for example) the seedlings are said to retain the characteristics of the parent. For others, however, those desired characteristics are clearly not retained. As a result, when seeds are produced and exchanged, there should be some caveat that the offspring may not resemble the parent. Indiscriminant, trading of seed and seed offspring has resulted in a great confusion about what the plant originally looked like.

Back