What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis "red form"

My "red form" cape finnished flowering a couple weeks ago, and the 7 or 8 lower buds shrivled up. I was pulling off the buds that already had seeds when the flower stalk broke. There are still about 5 to 8 buds still left on it and I was wondering if they will still produce seed. I planted the stalk right after it broke in hopes to keep it alive long enough to get seeds. Will it still produce seeds?

Maybe if you stick it in water, it'll have the same effect as cut flowers

This is funny you asked this, because I had a sundew flower stalk a few weeks ago that got up a few inches and then the unfurling flower buds turned brown and died (other stalks on the same plant developed normally). I cut off the aborted stalk and since it was still green below the brown buds, I stuck it in another pot (I can't help doing things like that) and forgot about it. When I looked at it a few days ago, there was a tiny plant growing out of the side of the stalk (false vivipary on a detached stalk?). When it gets big enough for my camera to focus properly I will post a picture.

That Rocks, I wonder if you cut one into one or two inch sections if it would grow? Gotta go home and try it, because while trying to place it in the bog a few pices broke off.

Have you tried duct tape and coat hangers to get it back together again? Crazy glue?

smile_n_32.gif
Well there's a Marine supply near me I thought of using some boat glue
kinda like bondo but for water. My plants seem to like the water
smile.gif
If it looks like it's gonna die I'll just whip out the Holy Handgrenade on it
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Mine flowered one time, and it made tiny leaves after, from just one flowering.

Back