What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis pic

DrWurm

Californian in DC
Of the pictures i took yesterday with my new Black Friday camera. I think this is the best.

Last edited:
very nice! none of my capensis had than many tentacles on a leaf...
Alex

thanks

Yeah, it grows VERY vigorously, putting out a new leaf at least one a week. What that picture doesn't show, is that all around that capensis are dionaea in the same pot. It grows outside in full sun just like them, and, like I said, it grows VERY well. I also think I've spotted the beginning of a flower stalk near the bottom.

Mine are 2 inches away from my cfls bulbs there happy :D

well, i suppose it's like comparing growing dandelions. Can't go wrong.

It's always a pleasure seeing a well-grown D. capensis. Wonderful plant that doesn't get the recognition it deserves!

So it lives outside in full sun?

It's always a pleasure seeing a well-grown D. capensis. Wonderful plant that doesn't get the recognition it deserves!

So it lives outside in full sun?

Thank you.

Yes. Although at this time of year I've decided to move my fly traps to an area that becomes
shaded much more quickly during the day so as to encourage dormancy. Before that it was
getting the same sun intensity as they were and it was fine.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull this off in the middle of summer when LA gets its daytime
heat but I'm definitely gonna try. This is one of the few places in the world that has a
Mediterranean climate, and that allows for interesting gardening. I'd like to get a Dewy Pine
some time since I can match its outdoor climate almost perfectly.

Yeah, very nice plant!

like Gilder mine doesn't have nearly that much tentacles and the leaves are only about 1 1/3 an inch long

Mine have 2 inch long area of tenticals.

im lucky to get 1.5 inches... i grew mine in ALOT of sun though. my while leaves were only 2.5 inches long! and it was mature.
Alex

Back