What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis and spatulata tips!?

Hi! I just ordered some spatulata Fraiser island and capensis typical and they will come in next week. I have everything set up already. I have a t5 and t8 fixture around 8 inches high with foil wrapped around it. It hurts my eyes to look at it! I also have a thermometer/hygrometer in there and it's around 76 degrees during the day and 68-70 at night. Any tips or warning? I am super excited! These are my first carnivorous plants! Will post pics soon! Hopefully I will get some seeds to grow soon.

sounds perfect. Just remember, it is harder to kill these plants then make them thrive.

I'm sure they will thrive. Have fun :).

Thanks everyone! That's comforting! I'm so worried about them living. Will keep y'all updated.

I had a hard time with my capensis. The tips were turning yellow then black. I had my light about 5 inches from the plant and I moved it farther away and it seems to be doing alot better. 8 inches sounds like a good height. Waiting on some pics :)

Back