What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you drink the fluid 4rm newly opend pitcher?

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
so can you really drink the fluid of a newly opend pitcher?

Try and see. I wonder what it taste like.

-Rail

I've tasted the necar drops that form on the pitchers and stems(yummy - sweet) but never tried the fluid inside the pitchers. Definetely has to be from a fresh unopened pitcher.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Dont drink the bong water-just kidding!
Anyone ever use a nep pitcher as a bong LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Sep. 12 2005,8:22)]Try and see.  I wonder what it taste like.
-Rail
well ill have to wait till another pitcher opens! i am thinking to drink it from a ventricosa that i have!

834N_Ventricosa_6_1_.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Sep. 12 2005,8:22)]Try and see.
lol, sure i may not live to see another day!
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]lol, sure i may not live to see another day!
confused.gif

Meh, what's the worst that could happen? I mean, it's sterile, and worst case scenario there's some enzymes in there or something, but it shouldn't really matter, you have enzymes in your saliva... But that's just me thinking aloud, I'm no nepaholic.
smile_n_32.gif
I'll do it with one of my pitchers if I get the opportunity... Who knows, maybe it'll help my sore throat... Or make it infinitly worse.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Sep. 12 2005,11:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Sep. 12 2005,8:24)]Anyone ever use a nep pitcher as a bong    LOL
lol
don't knock it 'till you try it...

Orangutuans tear the pitchers off unopened and use them as a water supply all the time. Drink it. It won't hurt you.

Bad justlikeapill
confused.gif
! Besides, it would only work with a bical, since it has the hollow tendrils and all
biggrin.gif
. And no, I never have.

There was a Nepenthes article in National Geographic back in the 60's and it shows a photo of the author tipping back the fluid of an unopened pitcher.  He described it as warm, but refreshing.

I have a book from the 50's that says you can even drink the fluid from S. purpurea. The book claims that the top layer of water is pure...yea right!

Brian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Sep. 13 2005,9:08)]Besides, it would only work with a bical, since it has the hollow tendrils and all
biggrin.gif
.  And no, I never have.
SURE.....i gotcha!
smile_m_32.gif

I hear that drinking the nectar will cause you to grow breasts and certain parts of the male anatomy will wither and fall off.  
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Sep. 14 2005,8:48)]I hear that drinking the nectar will cause you to grow breasts and certain parts of the male anatomy will wither and fall off.  
smile_h_32.gif
Ahh!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

thanks no good!
confused.gif

I talked to the bus driver while traversing the Philippine Cordilleras. He said that he drank lots of pitcher-fluid (n.alata) when he was still a boy and playing in the mountains.
I imagine it like water, but I guess the real challenge is the fluid of a 6 month old outdoor grown decaying veitchii pitcher
smile_n_32.gif
Maybe with some gin added you could sell that even in some discos...
Volker

I was just taking cuttings of my own ventricosa yesterday... If found one unopenend pitcher with juice in it. If you like coconut milk, you might like nepenthes milk.

Peter

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leucophylla @ Sep. 16 2005,6:49)]
smile_n_32.gif
Maybe with some gin added you could sell that even in some discos...
Volker
youll get a buzz of that!  
smile_n_32.gif

>;-D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Sep. 16 2005,6:59)]If you like coconut milk, you might like nepenthes milk.

Peter
are you kidding peter or is this true?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leucophylla @ Sep. 16 2005,6:49)]but I guess the real challenge is the fluid of a 6 month old outdoor grown decaying veitchii pitcher
smile_n_32.gif
you wouldnt drink anything that has this:
834N_Ventricosa_5_1_1.jpg

834N_ventricosa_4_1_1-med.jpg

just for fun,
834N_Ventricosa_6_1_1-med.jpg

actually, the fluid from some neps has been known to be used as a laxative, an eye wash and a antiseptic to clean out wounds. This of course from unopened pitchers that are about to open so they have the most amount of sterile fluid. It won't hurt you at all. Infact it might even help. I've tasted nector from several of my neps and some are bitter sweet and some are just really sweet with a strange alkaline aftertaste.

Back