What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Well, here are some of my neps. This is a chunk of my personal collection, in my mini-greenhouse in my back yard. Hopefully it worked, i gotta compete with some of the other pic threads! :-O

Ok, heres my big breeding stock N. truncata. Truncs are my favorite nepenthes...

DSCN0232-1-1.jpg

DSCN0237-1.jpg

DSCN0233-1.jpg

DSCN0235-1.jpg

DSCN0247-1.jpg

DSCN0315-1.jpg

16" ruler vs. the smaller pitcher

DSCN0256-1.jpg

a lil' SG truncata:

DSCN0231-1.jpg

A capslock creation:

DSCN0239-1.jpg

This is my ventrata experiment. The soil is 1/2 osmocote, 1/2 coffee. The result is a ventrata the grows rampantly-er, has made 6 ft. of vine in 4 months, huge green leaves, offshoots out the "stoma", and absolutely NO pitchers. :)

DSCN0266-1.jpg

DSCN0267-1.jpg

what it leaves behind when watered

DSCN0268-1.jpg

Here's a bench (this is the cleanest of 5 lol)...

DSCN0248-1.jpg

A nice ceph...

DSCN0250-1.jpg

in september
DSCN0122-2.jpg

Now
DSCN0302-1.jpg

DSCN0303-1.jpg

artsy talangensis
DSCN0269-1.jpg

poorly colored iz x tm

DSCN0271-1.jpg

thorelli x truncata A EP female

DSCN0321-1.jpg

Pop art S. jonesii

100_4110-1.jpg

Ugly (at the moment!) N. Kona

DSCN0319-1.jpg

"F" Alata from EP

DSCN0320-1.jpg

Sorry this was so long, i was just excited to actually post pics haha. Once the sun comes up for spring my plants should color up nicely...they better! Hope you like 'em anyways!
Frankie

Awesome pics! That N. ventrata experiment is something cool...I bet if you grew it in pure coffee, then it'd make pitchers!

Jealous of your N. truncata and N. izumea x TM. ;)

When you say coffee do you mean coffee grinds?

thank Jimmy! i think your right, im gonna try pure coffee and coral/coffee next i think.

Yeah, the left over stuff. ;) It has yeilded amazing results for me when applied at 1-3 tbsp. (depending on the size/health of the plant) every 3-4 months on neps, sarras, cephs and drosera.

Can anyone explain this coffee usage better? I am interested in this.

Interesting that the Ventrata lived with that much fertilizer.
makes you wonder what would happen if you planted in regular soil and treated it like a houseplant.
nice truncata

Here are my favorites:

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Back