What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Came up with a clever idea...

schloaty

Staff member
So I wanted to put my highland neps in their own little terrarium ,and put them outside. Problem is, they're all used to flourescents...And on my property, it's either sun or no sun...very little in the way of "some sun."

Then I found waxed paper.

Made a great shade cloth, it's cheap (though it will rip soon, no doubt), and seems to filter the light pretty well. So just a though for anyone who was frustrated because there was too much direct sun where they really wanted to put their tank.
rolleyes.gif

Watch out with bringing in your nepenthes from under growlights to sun to growlights a lot. Many times, for most nepenthes, they will go through a slight shock period when transfered between growlights to artificial lights, and vise versa. Besides that, go for it, and enjoy your plants outdoors!

That's a good point, but I'm not too worried with these specific neps....they're all pretty tough. x judith finn (almost un-killable), ventricosa (only slightly less tough), and sanguniea (from PFT, YAY&#33
wink.gif
And, like I said, the light is filtered, so they're not being thrust into direct sun.
smile.gif

Back