What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all se cpers!

Hello fellow CPers,
I wanted to make you aware that the Southeastern Flower Show will be having a new division especially for exhibiting CPs. In the past Cps were exhibited in the Plants of the World class. The 2005 show will be held at the World Congress Center in Atlanta, March 2 - 6. Anyone is elligable to enter and there is no fee to enter horticultural specimens. You are however, responsible for watering your own plants during the duration of the show. Terriums are allowed. As always, no wild collected plants may be shown. There are several trophy awards(3) available in this new class in addition to the standard first, second, third ribbons. Plants are judged on horticultural perfection not one plant against another. So, it is possible that every one could get a first place/blue ribbon. We would like to make a good showing as this will ensure that this new class remains. Please consider entering your favorite Cp or start grooming/growing one for the show. Sarracenias forced into bloom for the show would be a first. For more information about the show or to order an exhibitor's guide go here:

www.flowershow.org

There was a misprint in the exhibitor's guide and the CP divison is listed as Cephalotus Plants, Class H30. (silly non CP folks) David Mellard and I will be the advisors of this class.

I hope to see some of you there.

Brooks Garcia, Atlanta

Thanks for the invitation Brooks. I wish I could go. Atlanta sure does seem to have some cool plant related things (like the ABG and plant shows).

I'm just a wiener when it comes to driving alone.
confused.gif

makes me wish i still lived in VA Beach, although i really didn't like that city

Sarracenia, Hampton Roads/Newport News was interesting. I loved Richmond, Va. Ideal for growing CP outdoors. But, that is not what this thread is about. GO, BROOKS!!!!!!!!!

So when ya coming to Richmond Bug? Hmmmmmmm?
confused.gif
smile.gif
Maybe you need a walk down memory lane.

Better yet, take a walk through the Fan... Man, I LOVE that neighborhood
biggrin.gif

Atlanta is so far and I lack a car...
smile_h_32.gif

Ooh, that rhymed
smile_n_32.gif

WOW! Cynic!! Yer a poet, and don't know it!!!!
Take a train! Hitch a ride! Go support CP!!!!!!

Back