What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all floridians

• Thread starter hamata
  • Start date
Hi everyone,

Here is the deal:
I just called Orgel (Clyde Bramblett) and he said that it would be fine for a group of us to visit. However, he has not been feeling well for a while. I am going to call him in about a week to see if he is feeling better.

Before I call, will everyone, who is willing to drive to the nursery,

Orgel's Orchids
18950 SW 136 ST
Miami Fl 33196-1942

for the first meeting, please post and say so, so that, when I call, I have an idea of how many people are coming. Also, on the note of whether he knew anyone who was interested, he mentioned a man by the name of Trent Meeks, who does TC. I am going to call him too and see if he is interested. His place might be another possability, but he is gone a lot of the time.

Also if anyone else knows someone who is interested, but not on the forum (beginner, expert, chauffeur, or someone who is just willing to make the drive), please vouch for that person. I know that along with me my cousin will go and Mr Bramblett said he would become a member too.

He is very knowledgeable about these plants. He is even mentioned in Peter D'Amato's "Savage Garden" (pg. 258 -His name is Clyde Bramblett). Anyone who comes will surely leave with greater knowledge. Plus, he said he would help as much as he can with making a club.

Come on people, a cp club in Florida!!!
smile.gif

Aren't you excited!!!

Regards, Jonathan

I really like seeing CPs but my dislike of driving to Miami outweighs that.
wow.gif

I guess to be fair, I think we should keep changing the location. For example: First Meeting would be in Miami, Second would be in Boca Roton Third would be (unidentified location).

That is most likely how it's going to be LenG444--Third place might be someone's house. We have to see how many people we get and where they live. If anyone is interested, but can't drive to the nursury, that would not exclude them from joining the club- I just want to know how many people will be able to drive to the nursury so I can tell Mr. Bramblett. Like I said, the location will most likely change each meeting.

--hamata (Jonathan)

I won't be able to make it to Orgel's Orchids.
sad.gif
My parents will only drive so far, and South Miami is out of the question as far as they're concerned. I could definitely make it to the next one though.
confused.gif

I am definately interested, unfortunately Miami isn't an option at the moment.

When I suggested Orgel's, I meant as a field trip, not a place for a first meeting. Just getting together and trying to get organized should be the agenda for that meeting. After we figure out what we are going to do, then we can go on field trips to various areas and those that do not want or cannot drive can team up and share a ride. The first meeting should be held at a kinda "central" location...perhaps Boca.

For lack of a better name, i've been calling calling it a meeting- we most definately are going to talk about how we are going to organize the club, but it is still going to be kind of like a meeting (with orgel and his nursury and him talking about his plants and us buying plants and whatnot, etc.). To be more precise, we could call it a "pre-meeting". Anyways, would you be able to go Lauderdale? It seems as if it will be sometime next month.

Regards, Jonathan
smile.gif

Jonathan, I will be in Reno September 16th thru 30th...my annual "Go West Young Man" trip, but will attend if I am here and will be glad to furnish a ride for two people. My baby Lincoln has enough trunk space for about fifty CPs...Hehehe.

would October be fine for everyone interested?
So far we have:

Jonathan (me)
Ryan (my cousin)
LenG444
Lauderdale

4 ppl who will be able to make it.

Whatever happens, I will make notes or something like that and email/PM it to anyone that was interested but could not attend.

Regards, Jonathan

This has nothing to do with this topic but it is about Florida.

Everyone that lives in Florida get out there rain collectors for (1-3 inches)tonight. Maybe we'll get a tropical depression..

Also forgot to add try to put your plants in a safe area away from the wind. Winds are expected to be from 20-40 mph in some areas.

Back