What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis

Well I got 95% germination on my byblis more and more germinate in my pot that is like 8 inches tall/5inches wide&long .. Now I have some 1 inch tall guys who are rather close like an inch or so apart while some are spaced much farther away. Do I kill them or will the be okay clumping ? say 3 outa 15 of them are very close. I moved 4 or so very small seedlings that were not very close i'll see what happens since they could dieoff from the transplant(fine I guess ).. Would like an opinion on what to do with 15 seedlings in a pot that is too small for a pot unless you guys say so. I could try to get another pot for byblis then deep transplant them but well I dunno would be sweet to have another pot of these guys.

I wouldn't go out of your way to kill any. They may thin themselves out. They son't take too kindly to transplanting, either.

Alright I'll let them thin them selfs :)

You can transplant them when they are tiny but once they get over 1/4" I'd leave them alone.

Okay they were like abit less than a quarter there gonna be left alone then the strongest /well spaced ones will live since they will choke each other out maybe.

It's one of those things that if you don't absolutely have to tarnsplant them, it's best not to... unless they are that young.

Back