What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Butterfly Rescue

• Thread starter Zath
  • Start date

Zath

Enthusiastic Enthusiast
Found this guy floating face down in a bucket of water outside. I pulled it out (thinking it was dead) and laid it on the table to dry, then I noticed it's legs were moving, trying, I think, to clear water from it's body. I helped it out.

Butterfly Rescue 1 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

It sat on my finger while I; went inside, traversed the stairs, walked under a ceiling fan (holding my other hand over the butterfly to keep it from blowing away), dug my sd-card out of the reader and popped it into the camera left-handed, went BACK upstairs, outside, and took this picture left-handed. @_@

Butterfly Rescue 2 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

I finally got him onto a plant to finish drying, after a bit of a struggle (he was hugging me too hard) XD.

Last edited:
Good Job!
Beautiful photos!

I agree. I find it interesting that Insects CLING to you as hard as they can when you rescue them. It makes me feel really bad when I see an earwig or fly
flopping as hard as they can in one of the sarrs or pitchers..

Back