What's new

Bush voters and cp conservation

I'm curious.  A number of conservation minded people here have chimed in that they're supporting Bush in this election.  He and his circle have shown a lot of animosity towards the Endangered Species Act, Kyoto Accord, wetlands protection, environmental enforcement, and other things that affect CPs.  Do you support him in spite of his environmental policies or do you consider his environemntal ideas to be superior to those of his rivals?

Conservationists that support Bush come off a bit to me like diabetics that support more sugar in food.
smile_n_32.gif

Speaking of which, there was an interesting news story on recently about a growing number of hunters and outdoorsman, who are usually steadfastly republican, that are voting for Kerry in this election because they think Bush is causing too much environmental damage to hunt, fish, and camp. You know its bad when that becomes their top priority over gun rights.

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Bush has done decades of damage to our envoirment in less than four years. Bushes priorty is to make as much money for him and his rich buddies. All his laws bills went to make the rich richer and no concern went into what he was destroying. A person who is concerned about the eviorment voting for Bush is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders.

In his senator days Mr. Bush turned Houston into the most polluted city in the U.S., since he lowered the industrial emission levels. It's not just the natural environment he doesn't mind destroying, but the living environments of humans as well. Nonetheless liberals shouldn't DESPISE him, he did offer us moments of laughter!
smile_n_32.gif

Amori

Where are the Bush supporters?

Woops sorry, I meant governor. I'm getting Kerry and Bush mixed up. Both fools, so.

Bush was never a senator.  He was governor of Texas but he has done irreparable harm to the environment.  He chops down trees on his farm, walks (Ooops!  Pardon me he swaggers) around killing grass and his dog pees on the trees.
Why don't you blame him for the murder rate in South Central LA...or the high teen pregnancy rate in Detroit...how about the death of your prize VFT.
Give me a friggin' break guys.

im sure that if Kerry wins no more wetlands will be drained at all for 4 years.
and no new Walmarts will be built anywhere in America.
hundreds of square miles of open farmland will NOT be paved over for new housing developements if Kerry wins..
yep, destruction of the global environment is TOTALLY dependant on if a democrat or a rebublican is in office..
I remember the 90's when Clinton was president for 8 years..no environmental destruction took place AT ALL anywhere in the WHOLE WORLD during those whole 8 years!
it was truly a utopian dreamland..
Scot

Thank you for making your point Scotty.  You should change your name to "Quick Draw"
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]im sure that if Kerry wins no more wetlands will be drained at all for 4 years and no new Walmarts will be built anywhere in America.  hundreds of square miles of open farmland will NOT be paved over for new housing developements if Kerry wins...
 Scotty, I'll bet if he had thought it would help him get elected, he would have promised that.  And when he couldn't produce..."Haliburton caused it to happen so it was Cheney's fault."