What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

burkei 1 month aft. coffee

Jimmy, I checked the N. burkei today and it is just starting to open the lid.

IMG_2160-1.jpg

Because the lid was a mostly washed out with the lighting, here is a shot of the lid

IMG_2163-1.jpg

I'll post another pic after the lid opens completely.

woot thanks this is very cool love to watch them open, your doing it for us thanks for the hard work, and nice pics, do you turn the camera on its side how do you get a tall picture like this it makes for a great frame for a nep pitcher.
Look at that color in the lid looks like a rainbow every color but . unless you count green , doesnt green come from blue and yellow ? Im going to start a thread like this , on my new lady pauline nep. its starting a pitcher, and has some color starting too.

You're very welcome Jimmy. I'm glad you like them.

Yes, I will turn the camera on it's side in order to get more detail of a longer pitcher into a picture.

But I also will crop/trim most of my pictures just to focus more on the content I'm trying to dispaly.

Another update of the opening N. burkei pitcher.

IMG_2211-1.jpg

My lord! That is a gorgeous plant. Burkei is soooo on my "to get" list. How are the growing requirements for burkei, are they picky, or comparable to ventricosa at all?

N. burkei is very easy to grow. I grow mine under lights in the basement in a seedling tray. And the humidity is low here in Alberta. It seems to form pitchers better than most of my ventricosa variants.

Nice! That is reassuring.

here are the most recent photos of burkei now
IMG_1307.JPG
1307-2.jpg
I've now added a two bulb HO t-5 fixture to this terrarium the plants in it are coloring at a much faster pace:-D
IMG_1313.jpg

cant wait till a few months pass with the new fixture in place.:blush:

I tried this on a veithcii and its newest leaf is now 2-3x as large as the previoius (which was formed before coffee.) Its amazing how this works.

On most of my plants it seems to not have affected them at all, and the three or four that were struggling before now have brown leaves dying off at a faster pace ???

I watered with coffee last weekend, so I guess I'll wait a couple more weeks and see what happens, but I fear for the life of my sibXhamata :cry:

How often do you guys water with coffee.

Back