What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

burb or burb x eddy?

mato

BANNED
This irks me a bit, but it appears I may have two burbidgeae x edwardsianas. I'd just like to hear the opinions of others as to whether or not I've got a burbidgeae.

From the burb x eddy:

IMG_5691_edited-1.jpg

From the plant labeled burbidgeae:

IMG_5689_edited-1.jpg

IMG_5688_edited-1.jpg

At this point, they look like the same clone to me.

Yup your Burb appears to be burbeddie. Sorry

But I never realized how nice that nep is, sorry if you're disapointed though

I could go either way. The pitcher body says burb, the peristome says burb x eddy.
May need a larger pitcher to make a better call on the matter.

Mato, definitely looks like you have a couple of brand new bouncing baby burb x eddie plants.

Congrats on the new arrivals.

dvg

I suppose there's a slim chance it could turn out to be what it was purported to be, but all I'm seeing is the cross. I've gotta make room for newcomers anyway, so it's not a big loss, just an onion in the ointment.

Mato, definitely looks like you have a couple of brand new bouncing baby burb x eddie plants.

Congrats on the new arrivals.

dvg

Thanks dvg, but I've had them since last year.

I've heard they can be slow growers...still very nice plants though.

Best of luck with them.

dvg

I had the reverse when I got my first burbidgeae x edwardsianas direct from MT it turned into a true burbidgeae! Had to wait a couple of years to eventually get the actual hybrid. Still that MT burbidgeae is a lovely plant so now I am glad!

The impostor has already found a new home in the apartment across the hall.

glad to hear it :)

no plant left behind!

I purchased my plant off ebay for ten dollars as N. burbidgeae.

It is clearly N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana. The mixup of these two plants seems to be widespread.

Back