What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building a Sarracenia Collection

pedersonplants

The Obsessive Gardener
Ok. I've bought my first Sarracenia: S. purpurea ssp purpurea heterophylla . Will pick up a S. purpurea ssp purpurea asap.

I would like some guidance on which species I should consider adding to my collection. These will be summered outside in a sunny windowbox.

I will need to winterize them in the container or my refrigerator for the winter.

What species are most likely to succeed for me? I need a short list so I know which ones to be looking for.

This is in the wrong area and they are all really the same with the exception of S. purpurea being able to take it colder. If you are going to give them a dormancy in the fridge, go ahead and buy whatever you want. The genus Sarracenia is extremely easy and hardy.

Why is this in the wrong area? It in the one about pitcher plants and that's what I am talking about????

It was in NASC before then it was moved here, which is the right area.

Back