What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug problem.......

im really begining to wonder if a pest/illness forum wouldnt be a good idea. anyways on to my problem. ive got bugs eating my plants, well sucking my plants. ive delt with aphids and mealy bugs and well i figured i was fairly familiar with most plant pests but these have me stumped. i would take a pic but i really dont think even with the macro lenses i have i could get a good enough pic w/o a tripod. the things are tiny and black. they sorta resemble a TINY ladybug larva but solid black. they walk around with their hind ends held verticle instead of parralel with the surface they are walking on. anyways i live in the middle of nowhere and have a hard time finding stuff some of you have easy access to. so can anyone help me?

Rattler

There are a great many sucking insects that eat plants, the vast majority little known, because they usually dont cause problems. I dont know what the bug is you are talking about, but perhaps the other members do.

or not
smile_n_32.gif

a very blurry pic could help a little :p (it can't hurt anyway)
maybe some sort of true bug? the abdomen thing sounds like some assasin-bug like things I've seen. I guess they'd have to be babies though....
I'd try to wash them away with a hose?

actually, the way it moves sounds like the defensive posture of sawfly larva

images
images

Back