What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug problem in my greenhouse

Hi all!!  Normally bugs wouldn't be a problem when you have cps, but i have way too many flying around being a nuisance.  They especially like flying into the ceiling constantly and dying in my water trays (which causes nasty algae to grow).  There's black and yellow stripped sweatbees, various flies and gnats. My new greenhouse is 6 x 4 x 6.5 ft. and has a vinyl cover.  The cover has a wide door that i usually have clear open in the day.  This allows the bugs to get in obviously. After sucking all the bugs up with my dad's shop vac (he doesn't know this yet) i jury rigged a mosquito net up in the door opening.  This cut the entering bug population in half.  However they're still finding ways to get in.  So, i bought some of those sticky bug strips and hung them up.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to control my bug problem??  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!!

-buckeye

Back