What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bug problem-adelae

upper

Capensis Killer
got some small SMALL white bug hiding under the soil, i checked today to see if what in my pot was sphagnum, and when i held up the pot i saw 2 crawling up the peat moss and sphagnum moss. i tried to hold one up in my finger, and it went hiding in my nail i got scared so i dunked my hand into a tub of hot water to kill it ><. help me please, i think its in my capensis seedlings too...

If they're in the soil they are probably springtails. Harmless, they eat decaying matter. The come in all colors but the white ones seem to be very common in Los Angeles.

Look through the gallery on this site and you'll probably find one in the same genus:

http://www.collembola.org/

harmless? i dont know, here's another trait that i noticed... they're really ..... shy.... i put it in a bottle to kinda like raise it to keep it for future need. it always go hide in a corner, i try to take it to the middle so i can try taking picture, and it runs back to the corner, it did this a couple of time, until i accidently squished it >_>. i got another one tho...

i put it in a bottle to kinda like raise it to keep it for future need.

If by "future need" you mean "future infestation..."

xvart.

nvm, i put it in a bottle, and future need i mean like if i have to identify it or something. but it died.... i left it in the bottle, and umm.... no oxygen i guess?

Back