What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buds falling off

Ok... so I just got this really awesome Phalaenopsis orchid... with literally 26 buds on it. LITERALLY!
smile.gif
--- 7 look like they're doing well, starting to open up... but then a great deal of the smaller buds are yellowing and falling off.

I'm wondering if it's something *I* am doing ... or what!
sad.gif

Is this normal ... or is my poor orchid not happy
sad.gif

If it's a spanking new orchid it's probably just not used to it's new environment (temporarily not happy). In that case I think what you're seeing is probably normal.
wink.gif

Phals buds are sensitive to cold draughts when they are small. Probably as it was enroute to the store or from the store to your house it got hit.
Tony

Phil,
don't worry about it. i picked up a phal from one of the local stores here last yr. and it did the same thing to me. the buds just fell of with out opening or anything. just keep doing the same thing as you are doing to the rest and it will be ok.

Back