What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

broomensis disaster

yea...so yesterday i gave my broomensis a lot of superthrive, now the middle is all gray and dead and stuff...under the dying leaves it is still green, and the bottom leaves are too. What should I do? I changed the water and moved it...i don't think it liked the intense lights.

my god man im trying to get ahold of one of these and you just kill yours, whats this world coming to?
smile_n_32.gif

seriously though, why did yah give it a bunch of superthrive? i dont even own any of the stuff and i get along just fine.

and #2 a move to alot higher intensity light over a very short period is always a no-no in my book. alot of plants just cant handle it, yah have to go slow

Spec tre of Doom! One drop of superthrive to the gallon of water, and shaded light for a couple weeks is the norm. Too much of a good thing will kill anything!!!!

Take leaf cuttings immediately and hope they strike. Dead centers in the Petiolaris plants spells doom and death.

done

petiolaris hate me.
(except for paradoxa cos it loves everyone)

lol keep trying, everyone kills plants, ive killed paradoxa before and look at my falconeri a few posts down. if yah like them keep working with them. just go easy on the super thrive and light the next go round

well thanks for the encouragement. just for the record... I used this method
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19
while I was at it i also took some d. lanata cuttings cos mine is being retarded (not dead, though).

oh yea.. this is sort of off topic, but do you think I could grow the lanata on my windowsill? It gets very warm and bright from around 1-7PM.

lanata? where are yah coming up with these, i want your source now man
smile_n_32.gif
actually i know where a bunch are but i cant pay $10 plus a plant plus shipping going to have to wait till i get some cuttings of my falconeri going so i have trade bait i guess

lacps
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I get all my drosera there (which isnt many)
wheres YOUR source
smile_n_32.gif

ebay
smile_n_32.gif
i keep getting sniped or they go for more than im willing to pay though
smile_n_32.gif

forgot to add of my current two species of this complex one was given to me and one was in trade. however i have been half arsed looking for broomensis and similar. i have participated in several auctions but never won. theres a dude from Colorado who recently joined here whos got a ton of this complex for sale........hopefully now more will show up in the trade forun since he is a member *hint* *hint*

Back