What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

breeding sarr smurf

has anyone breed sarr smurf does it breed true ?
any interesting crosses done ?

i have a pic of this cultivar from Michael Szesze's nursery, from when i was there getting those plants/fish for my bog /pond

i will see if i can get it up later... at the library now, the pic is still on my home computer...

i think it would make some interesting crosses, perhaps with some of that curled lid trait in them, but being a clonal cultivar, it would not "breed true"

it might if the mutating is dominant

@mickey: i think this question parallels asking if certain vft cultivars such as 'cup trap', 'dentae', 'pom pom', and 'fused teeth' breed true. could end up being a mixed bag.

so its worth trying I also want a fused tooth to try but i will need to find a trade for one somewhere

Your growlist link doesn't work. PM me if you have a list available. I have a fused tooth for trade.

I have seen the purp clone that smurf is supposedly a sport of, and it's a nice plant... I highly doubt it would pass on through seed though.

Back