What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books for christmas!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
My daughter, the one with the fruit flies, got me Savage Garden and with a gift card from oldest son, I out in an order at Borders for Carnivorous Plants Of The World. Does anyone have this book? Opinions?

author?

Carnivorous Plants of the World by James Pietropaolo & Patricia Pietropaolo (owner of Peter Pauls Nursery) or A Guide to Carnivorous Plants of the World by Gordon Cheers?

If the first it is very good. lots of stuff on tuberous Drosera. The second book is also really good. Obviously not as good as 'The Savage Garden' but still really good. I wish I owned it. Oh yes and what do you mean by "moldest son" ? Does he grow mold
smile.gif

Read the post on cpukforum about the author of the book,I would,nt buy it.Not with the reputation the owner of the nursery has.
smile_h_32.gif

Jerry

Oh how I HATE typos!

Jerry: Yeah, I heard about that after the fact. Oh well. I just picked it up after work on Saturday. It reads nore like a textbook, providing good info on plant structures.

Next on my list is Australian sundews and then Taylor's book on Utrics!

Better start saving now for Taylor's monograph on Utrics. It's gonna take a big bite out of your pocket change
smile_k_ani_32.gif
!

Yeah, like $95. Time to browse through half.com! I could really use it. That and the Australian sundew book.

Back