What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonsai

W

Warped54321

Wow...i got a bonsai tree for x-mas (it's actually a terra cotta pot, a peat pellet, and a few bonsai tree seeds
biggrin.gif
) what i need is some helpfull advise on growing it......it seems pretty simple from what i've seen.....thanx for all your help!
-Warped

My web page has some links to some good bonsai sites.

http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/bonsai.html

You will want to plant your seeds in a large pot and let it grow for 2 to 3 years before you even think about putting it in a bonsai pot.

Bonsai is fun but like the fellow above said, from seed is a PITA! What kind of seed came with it?

You can find great 2-4 year old trees on Ebay for very cheap and they are ready for bonsai training treatment. I just ordered five the other day, a japanese flowering cherry, two maples (orange & red) and two willows (one green one corkscrew). The only thing is sometimes if you order from a nursery with 100s of plants you never know what kind of tree material you're gonna wind up with, formal/informal upright, cascade, windswept, etc.

Good luck!

Citrus make good bonsai,as they are ;fast growing,easy,beutiful,and the seeds are free!

Back