What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonnie's alpina

Yes, it was proved by my flower that this is longifolia, BUT WAIT!  DO NOT GET RID OF THE PLANT.  Keep it marked as longifolia, because it may be only that, but...  I have several pots of longifolia.  Two are from the one Bonnie sent.  One of these (that has not flowered) is the one I keep raiding from. I wanted the other to get root bound.  Well, there is not much in it right now.  I moved my utrics out side about six weeks ago and I went to refill the water today.  There is Alpina in the pot!  Just two leaves, but it is there.  I have Alpina to compare it to.  One plant must have contaminated the other somewhere along the line.  If you have received this plant from Bonnie or I it may have some Alpina in it.  I have had this plant for more than a year.  Nothing but the long longifolia leaves have showed until now, so if it is there is could be a long wait (and it may not be there at all).

Those that I sent longifolia to (lately) may have also gotten some from this pot.

how did you convince it to flower? just wondering
smile.gif

btw copper, did you get your plants yet? hope they arrive ok!

Root bound in the pot.

Back