What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
Here's an update on my bogs. We've had some heavy rain lately (much needed) and some of them are a little dirty.

Minibog with VFTs and S. alata
P1020220.jpg

Pot of D. filiformis var. tracyi, it's getting crowded.
P1020222.jpg

S. 'Lady Bug' and S. 'Cobra Nest'
P1020223.jpg

D. filiformis var filiformis 'FL Giant'
P1020224.jpg

VFT, it's probably a big mouth and I thought I'd remember. So it's now a typical.
P1020226.jpg

VFT Big Mouth
P1020227.jpg

VFT Dutch and B. liniflora
P1020228.jpg

Small VFTs from leaf pullings, again I thought I'd remember what they were. Unless any color up to be red, they are typical.
P1020229.jpg

S. rubra
P1020230.jpg

Left to right, D. capensis typical, S. minor, D. x Marston Dragon
P1020232.jpg

Last edited:
Bog 1
P1020233.jpg

Variety
P1020235.jpg

D. sessilifolia germinate very well outside. That's probably a D. aliciae next to them.
P1020237.jpg

Nearly colorless typical VFT
P1020238.jpg

Red Dragon
P1020239.jpg

Bog 2, sorry for the blur
P1020234.jpg

S. x catesbaei
P1020242-1.jpg

S. minor
P1020243-1.jpg

Left to right, D. intermedia, D. capensis 'albino' (back), D. capensis typical (front), VFT Big Mouth
P1020246.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Crystal

Looks real good! REminds me of my porch plants.... only yours is bigger and better!

Looking good!! The plant you have labeled as 'Red Bug' is actually 'Lady Bug'.

Thanks Jim and bucky! I'm having much better luck this year. Larger containers was the key for me. Before I was having to fight between being much too wet or much too dry.

Thanks for the correction bucky. I didn't think 'Red Bug' looked right. I'm always getting the two confused. I'll check my tag when I go out later to make sure I have that correct.

Thanks again guys!
Crystal

WOW! Bog 1 is so amazing :D! Now I´not sure if I have D. sessilifolia or D. burmanii. I really feel like hugging the huge clump of D. filiformis var. tracyi to see if I get stuck or not :p.

Back