What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog trip

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
This is short notice but I'm planning on looking for CP's this weekend in Cedarville State Forest. It's located south of Washington DC.
Anyone want to meet up there?

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/cedarvilleguide.html

And an upcoming one in Sept. 16, 17 and 18 in the NJ Pine Barrens.

I may be interested in the trip to the Pine barrens.
I've always wanted to go there.
Give me a town nearby, so I can make arrangements.

NJ Pine Barren trip.

I can give an area in a few days.

I've been talking to Bob (NJnewbie) about this for a little while now. He's checking if the dates work for him. If not he will give me some good sites to go to.
He just sent me his number so I will have to call him up soon.

People interested in it so far are:
Scott (jimscott)
Joe (JBL)
Ron (RL7836)
Mark (Ozzy)

Hey dude, did you overlook somebody?
smile_h_32.gif

Better?

Yes, Thank you.
smile.gif

Put me in as a maybe...

That is...if I can hitch a ride with somebody...  
smile_l_32.gif

I think I'll just stand by the side of the road on I-95 and stick my thumb out and see what happens... I'll have to make a sign that says "Pine Barrens, NJ...or bust!"
laugh.gif

Maybe some of the teens SEPACPS would be allowed to go to Pine Barrens?

Wow, Cedarville would be a very short drive for me if I didn't have to go allll the way around the river. Unfortunately I have plans this weekend, but I'll keep that place in mind for a visit later.

Looks like I'm in for friday nite/ and or saturday.

Wow! I can actaully make it! You don't mind a well behaved baby tagging along, do ya? Anyway, put me down. I am so stoked....I just missed a chance to go out to the barrens on Long Island...now I can make up for it.

AND meet all you guys I haven't met in person yet.

Sound like it should be a good turn out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wow! I can actaully make it! You don't mind a well behaved baby tagging along, do ya?

No we don't mind if you come along.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No we don't mind if you come along.
oh, that hurts.
smile_n_32.gif

Here are some details.

Sept. 16, 17 and 18
The plan is to go to Wharton State Forest in NJ.

I will be tenting in Wharton State Forest at the Atsion campsites area, $15.00 a night, 50 camp sites.
http://www.state.nj.us/dep....wsf.pdf
I'm checking tomorrow about availability and will see about holding a few sites that are together. Bob (njnewbie) will also be getting a site for Fri., but might only be coming for Sat. if things are to busy for a Fri. departure.
Who else might be looking into a camp site?

I was not able to hold any sites.

If you use this link it will show a layout of the camp site.
http://www.state.nj.us/dep....wsf.pdf

Not many sites are booked right now. The area that has a lot of empty sites beside each other is site 41-50. I have made my reservations for Fri Sept 16, and Sat. Sept 17 on site #48.
Call (609)-268-0444 to make reservations. Ask for the sites next to 48 and work out so we can all be around the same area.

I called Wharton Forest and was able to reserve a cabin if anyone is interested. I booked it for friday and saturday nites. If anybody is interested let me know, or if you're thinking of tenting refer to Steve's info in the above tread .            Cabins  description. Furnished cabins with screened porch, fireplace, refrigerator, hot and cold running water; bathroom with toilet and shower; 2 bunks. Accommodates 4 people

How much are the cabins?

The cabin is 40 bucks a nite for up to 4 people. We can divide the cost accordingly. I booked it for friday nite, although I won't know till this monday if I can make it for that nite. Anybody else arriving on friday can check in, I'll provide the required info beforehand. I wasn't planning on getting a cabin, but while I was talking with the park ranger they received a cancellation. I took it as an omen!

hey elgecko,
i might be interested coming along to the Pine Barrens.

Back