What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog flower, what am I?

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
This plant was sent to me ID'ed only as "a bog flower". I have no idea what it is, so I need some help from you all. The flower stalk was broken in shipping, so I dipped the tip in rooting powder and planted it. That is what you see in the picture. It was originaly above the leaf cluster.
What is it?

What+am+I.JPG

This was also posted in ICPS. Definitely looks like a Polygala sp. to me. The similar looking Polygala lutea is a VFT/CP companion in the southeast. It's probably a western species if from Arizona. When your in VFT country, you can often look for the orange multiflowered spikes and lots of times you'll find VFTs growing underneath the surrounding herbaceous layer. P. lutea is also a succulent.

http://www.2bnthewild.com/plants/H419.htm

V

Thanks DB. It came from Charles B. in VA. It is a Polygala lutea as he confirmed it after SarraceniaObssessed ID'ed it on CPUK. Thanks for the help. It was like a little 'can you ID me' game we had. ;)
Tom

Back