What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue tongue skink

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I just thought that I'd Share these pics of a blue tongue skink that I got today. I got it from a petstore that some how got it from an owner that had stepped on it and broke it's back. It has completely healed, except for a flat spot on his back. He kind of looks like a humpback lizard. He's about 1 1/2 feet long.

Notice the flat spot.
flatten0dn.jpg

10003454qr.jpg

10003447yw.jpg

10003434co.jpg

They're very common where I come from, actually got them living in my back yard.

The back door of the house is usually left open for the cats and food is left there for them on the floor. It's not uncommon to walk in and find a blue-tongue eating the cat food.

nice looking BTS Ozzy, really think i need to find one at some point

He is really very tame, even after all he's been though. He has a personality like a hognose snake. Very friendly. This is my first experience with a skink, and so far I really like him. He get's around very good, to have had a broken back. It's back is a little weird looking. You can see it pretty good in the first pic. But it's even weirder looking in person. I really don't see how he survived.

awww what a lovely oddity!!! i however wasn't aware that the cleveland zoo was moving its facility to your humble house, mark....

Yeah, I think I now have more reptiles then they do, and I only charge $5 to see them. Tomorrow is $7 because it's feeding day. I have now outgrown all my equipment, and I now have aquraiums on the floor in my living room.
My wife is thrilled about that.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey Doug, remember the Skink we saw in Grand Rapids? Didn't you bring it home with you?
laugh.gif

I just thought I'd give a little update. He was just sitting on my shoulder when he bit me on the neck. Man that hurt.
I sure hope that kingsnake is hungry.

Its lovely. Im glad it found a good home

ven the tamest can do that sometimes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ven the tamest can do that sometimes.

Yeah I know. I know he can bite harder than what he did. It was more of a exploratory nibble. But with those teeth it hurt.

Yeah, I am hoping to get a pair of ackies (Acranthrus monitors) at the big Daytona show in August. I hope they don't bite me! owwww!

Back