What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue light?

i went to home depot with my dad today, (no cps at my home depot) and i bought some blue lights. has anyone aver used them b4? i heard that it is the best light in the specturm 4 plants u can use. the only problem is u cant really c the plants inside because its all bluish. it as hot as ever in the tank tho.
any advice will help me
Thanks in advanced,
Hellz

It depends really. Blue is the part of the spectrum which gives the most vegative growth but actinic per say is too much. You would be wise to add more color to your spectrum. Actually what kind exactly is the light, like brand or type etc.......? That would be helpful to know if it is beneficial. If it is a blue tinted incandescent (like the party bulbs) then it has basically no value to your plants.

Joe

Joe

oh, those are the ones -_-
ill switch it today
Hellz

what happened if i used actinic tubes? that would look killer as i'm not interested in flowers.

I wouldnt use just blue light... If you used that as an extra supplement along with a full spectrum and cool white, I think it would turn out well.

Back