What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue Angels

These are pics I took of Fort Lauderdale's annual Air/Sea show.  This was the day AFTER my Cinco de Mayo celebration.  That could possibly account for a couple of fuzzy shots
as they were all taken hand held with my 10x optical zoom.
The Blue Angels fly Boeing F/A-18 Hornets. Their top speed is
mach 1.7+  (1200+ mph).

They are about level with my balcony which is 200' above sea level.
air_show_1.jpg

Gear down, flaps down, tail hook deployed...everything but the pilot's hand hanging out.  This makes for a VERY stable gun platform.
air_show_3.jpg

Blowin' smoke...must need a valve job.
air_show_6.jpg

An A-10 Warthog.  Those things hanging from the wings look disturbingly like missles.
air_show_7.jpg

Two Coast Guard helicopters at about 100'.
air_show_8.jpg

Nice pics Lauderdale! My pics never turn out that good. If it ain't sittin still I might as well leave the lense cap on.

Great video Dyflam.
I took over 150 pics just to get the photos you saw BigCarnivourKid.  I set the camera on multi sequence and still got mostly empty airspace.  When they really cookin' I was about about 50 yards behind.

WOW! I would have loved that! I love low, loud jets! Unfortunately I was not home last weekend when they had the fly-over for the NASCR race. I love that because I live near the track and those jets rip over my house--sounds like the sky is splitting open!

I like big loud planes and big loud trains.
smile.gif

GREAT photos!

awesome photos! i'm probably gonna go tomorrow to a blue angels show in fort worth, tx. you can see the whole thing from my friend's back yard.

now i'm actually looking forward to it since you teased me.

Back