What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black truncata seedling - who will I look like when I grow up?

Cindy

Staff member
Will it be mum, Queen of Hearts?
truncata_queen_of_hearts.jpg

Or dad, King of Spade?
truncata_king_of_spade.jpg

Photos of me :blush:
black_truncata_collage.jpg

Close-up of my speckles
black_truncata_speckles.jpg

Must ask Rob if it is possible to deteremine, from his experience, he must have kept an eye on them. Perhaps slight differences in leaves hairiness, thickness, stems, pitchers at early formation and their unfolding.not possible just maybe???

oh boy, you can already see it coloring up! I'd definitley say you'll have a black truncata ;) Can't wait for mine!

oh wow! lol, very nice plants. Your little speckles are so cute. :p lol, very nice.

I bet you got yours way before everybody over here got theirs! Although I don't feel the hype this plant has created, it will be interesting to see what the children turn out looking like. An interesting study on the passing on of parental traits in nepenthes, if you will.

Nice plant. With that pedigree there's little chance they won't be gorgeous plants and the variety will be exciting to compare. Mine's apparently not going to be imported and shipped until November. What type of conditions are you growing your in? I want to plan my course of action in advance. Thanks.

DavyJones,
I have seen the Queen of Hearts myself when it was exhibited in Singapore. One word to describe it...SURREAL...the garden show was five days and there was a couple of days before that for the setup, so for one whole week I couldn't believe that such a plant really existed. I actually got to touch the leaves, the pitchers and until BE left, I still wondered if the plant was for real. There were N. rajah plants on display too but the pitchers didn't last. The black truncata pitchers lasted the whole show!

chezilla,
The plant is very new to me. It is currently in lowland conditions and will stay as such because I live in Singapore. N. truncata 'Pasian' from BE does well here so these black truncata seedlings will do fine.

Looking great Cindy. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what mine will look like.

Such a beauty of a plant! If its already showing color then imagine it when its only 3". :drool:

Back