What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black tips

One of my vfts has black tips on the new leaves coming out. Is this normal? They are outside.

No thats not normal.

Could you possibly take a picture of them? That may help in figuring out exactly whats wrong. Any other information that you could provide also. Black tips on the leaves doesnt really give us a lot to work with.

Steve

What conditions are you providing for it? Is it in an enclosed terrarium?

I often get that on some of my VFTs. It is usually in the winter when they are either just growing very slowly when still techinically dormant. Or just as they resume growth after dormancy. A few leaves later and they are producing perfect traps.
smile.gif

cheers

bill

tyey are outside. they are kind of burnt looking.i checked the bulb,and it is very white.

Okay, I had experienced blackening and smaller traps when I thought it would be a good idea to leave the lid on their glorified terrarium set up. I truly learned of the need for air circulation that month.

Back