What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit quiet

L O L Yourlorndnsav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy: :cheesy:
smile.gif
Ohh.... I need to breathe........ (inhale)..... Ohhh..... LOL!!!!

LOL...hey, can I get some seeds or a cutting from that plant?? I need to drop a few pounds from the holiday goodies. :)

Suzanne

I needed a good laugh today....that pic is hilarious!

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!What have you done to my plant?! Wouldn't that be awful if every head could talk! I hope he likes to eat earwigs!
By the way that is too funny!And if it ever decided to look like that Plant a Kiss forget the seed you can have the plant!
smile.gif

Thanks for the good laugh
smile.gif

Oh yeah and I am a female
smile.gif
I'd show you a pic but I wouldn't want to scare you. :cheesy:

just a thought.... and remember, I am a Texan, so the concept of frozen 'stuff' falling from the sky is incredibly foriegn to me...

But I do know that Pots do not provide nearly the insulation that is provided to a plant in the ground, and I wonder if that cobra actually CAN take winter outside, if it's in a pot, as opposed to the ground, I say that, as it is incredibly obvious how simple it is for a gallon jug of water to freeze over as compared to say, a Lake? ya know? just a thought... I would check often NG.

NG,

I agree with RP, and taking it a bit further, the bigger concern is the freeze/thaw could turn the roots of the plant to mush pretty quick.

Of course, its do as I say, not as I do; cause my plants are all still on the porch. My low temps have been 25F at night, all of the pots were frozen solid. Yesterday the porch went to a high of 42F during the day so everything is thawed out. The weather is expected to stay like this through next Tuesday, then a new cold front is to come through.

To keep your pot outside constantly, I think you will need to figure some sort of insulation that would either keep it frozen or keep it just above freezing. You could try putting your pot into a much larger pot and pack between them the packaging peanuts. At night I'd further consider covering the whole plant with perhaps a cardboard box. You might be able to dig yourself an igloo of sorts in the snow and put the plant inside, or at least surround the pot with snow packed against it.

I've got a couple of days to figure out what to do with mine, I think my porch will stay at just above freezing for the next couple of nights, then I'm back in problems. I've got to figure out how to keep them above freezing cause I don't want the porch to get that cold for other plants that I have out there.

You might be able to get away with bringing it in at night and taking back outside in the AM as long as the weather stays the way it has been.

Well, good luck,

Linda ö¿ö

Linda,

The cheapest solution I have done, is just go to home depot, and buy transparent painter tarp, then staple it up and enclose your porch like a green house... it's not the prettiest solution, but in our high 30 degree weather here, I am experienceing a balmy 61 degree constant on my porch right now....

I wish I could be done with it for the winter, but i sacrifice my view for the three or four cold nights we have left in winter... sad.... :eek:( but the plants appreciate it! (not my cp's they are all asleep!)

Attached garages work wonderfully if you have one, they tend to moderate the temps enough to keep the worst of the freezes at bay while still maintaining dormancy. I have all of my cephs and most of my flytraps under lights out in mine and they are doing great!

Well I hope I don't lose that Cobra! :eek: I could deal with losing a Purpurea Since I have an overaboundance of them!

Back