What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birthday :d

Im going to be 16 soon:D And im hoping that Ill get some money so I can fill out my grow chamber
biggrin.gif

Any suggestions of Lowland nepenthes I can buy??

sry..I saw that it sounded stupid so I edited this...
But what lowlands do you recommend??

Err... unless you're a nepenthes, i don't really think this is the right forum.

Yeah it is. He wanted some suggestions on lowland nepenthes to buy for his with his birthday money. Oh and as for lowland neps, I don't know any, sorry. ^_^;

N. campanulata! Stays reasonably compact for quite a while (mine is still only about 6 or 7 inches in diameter, no counting the "pups"), even a flowering sized one isn't huge. It's also, IMHO, one of the more beautiful of the lowland varieties.

Also, you can't go wrong with ampularia.

N. gracilis, N. longifolia, N. bicalcarata , N. truncata , N. northiana (challenging), N. merrilliana.

Why is northiana so challenging??? I already have one..
sorry for not being more specific.. I already have..
N. ventricosa(AW)
N. albomarginata(Penang Red)(AW)
N. truncata(AW)
N. northiana(AW)
N. mirabilis(AW)
N. rafflesiana(nivea)(AW)
N. reinwardtiana(AW)
N. merrilliana(AW)
N. anamensis(AW)

Is there any of you that grow N.stenophylla as a lowlander?
I have heard that you can grow it like one..

N. northiana is supposed to be quite picky it wants it to be constantly hot, humid and not have really bright light. if you can provide those conditions than it will be easy to grow.

yes that would be no problem... :p

Truncata is a very nice, durable one (but mine STILL died after the greenhouse tipped).

Dustin mentioned a fine, underated specimen in N. longifolia...
Perhaps a N. rafflesiana form you don't have?

Cheers,

Joe

Some forms of maxima are lowlands. They usually have more spectacular peristomes than highland maximas, too!

-D. Lybrand

ok thx for all the help
biggrin.gif
It will be A N.rafflesiana(giant)
And N.longifolia...Ill see if I can put some intermediate hybrid in it to..when i have figured out who can make it and which hybrid I want

Get N. sumatrana, I've heard it's easy to grow, It gets huge, squat, speckled traps with candy striped peristomes. It's like a lowland version of N. burbidgea. It will eventually get huge, though like N. bicalcarata.

N. bellii is another nice one. It resembles a miniature N. merriliana. Try to get N. bellii shipped in a pot, It gets horrible shipping shock. It has very sensitive roots. It need high humidity.

Slurm is correct in suggesting N. sumatrana. Its beautiful and has characteristics like a rafflesiana, but nicer, grows well in shaded and humid conditions and really is a good grower.

BTW, burbidgeae can be easily grown in lowland conditions too!

M

Rainforest..what are your growing conditions then??

Back