What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big fat schwing!

schloaty

Staff member
Was doing my rounds with the watering can last night, and what should my wandering eyes behold? A basal rosette has sprouted on my N. ampularia specled form! I only got the sucker about 3 months ago, and it has already grown a good 4 inches in hight, along with two 1/2 pitchers (1/2 because the third hasn't openned yet) PLUS this rosette.

Just had to spread the joy.

-One happy cp guy.

congrats yours settled in faster than mine did. it took 6 months before it even put on a new leaf, its trucking along fairly quickly now. no basals yet though

Congratulations schloaty. Got any pictures?
smile.gif

*whistles* That's one heck of a growth spurt! I can't wait until mine start climbing around.

This thing is really a great grower, that's for sure. I lucked out and got it at the NECPS show, so there was not shipping shock. Also, it was already fairly large, and I've noticed that the bigger they get, the faster they grow.

No pics yet....Had a lighting project I had to do....Just got five more of the flourex fixtures at Costco for $10 each...you know, the ones that are 6500k, 65 wats, and 6900 lumens (you can all drool now).

My amp took a month or two to get over the shipping shock, grew slowly for about a year, then suddenly put out a basal shoot and started growing at a much more rapid rate. I've had it for about 2 1/2 years now and it has two basal shoots, one about 6" dia., one 3". The main plant is about 10" high, with fist-sized pitchers.
smile.gif

Back