What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bidding is addictive

• Thread starter Jcal
  • Start date

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
Is it just me or have some of you also been checking the forum constantly for the offerings. I might need to go to a small group or something.

" my name is jcal and I have a cp addiction."

I realllllly want to keep bidding on the big ticket items but without a job I can't go up to high :(
Stupid economy! lol

It's pretty addictive alright... I've paid more than I should have for more than a few things on ebay...

And then I list something and it goes for some ridiculously low price. :cuss:

Heh, nearly everything is already out of my price range...

It's pretty addictive alright... I've paid more than I should have for more than a few things on ebay...

And then I list something and it goes for some ridiculously low price. :cuss:

Yeah, I know that feeling too :down: It's why I don't list things for negotiations/bids 'cept for the NASC...

The nasc is way better than ebay. Lol you already know the people and the quality of plants they keep themselves. Plus the money goes to a great cause

The nasc is way better than ebay. Lol you already know the people and the quality of plants they keep themselves. Plus the money goes to a great cause

This is why I'm tempted to increase my bid on everything. I don't want to spend too much, but at the same time the funds are going to something I strongly support.

Well obviously the NASC is better all around, but I was just talking about the act of bidding.

Yeh bidding is addicting lol. The chance of being so close to something you want thus bidding on it and when a war begins its all about wining. Lol I wish I had almost unlimited fund cause I would bid higher on a lot of things just for the money to go to a good place.

As someone who sells collectibles on eBay bidding does seem to be addicting, if only PAYING for bids was as addictive.... Each week there's at least one or two losers who won't pay for their auctions.

"My mother died."
"I'm having brain surgery"
"______insert any excuse____"

Yeh. I do alittle work on ebay and I get that problem as well. I try and keep the name of the second highest bidder incase they want the item. Then I just take the item off ebay and have them send payment to my paypal.

I avoid auctions if I can. I only do buy it nows and if it's something I really want I have a limit I will not pass. The whole notion is annoying to me. I just want to buy something not fight to see who has the most money. Even when it comes to charity. I'd rather go to the website and voluntarily give a donation within my reasonable limits.

Thag me too - when I'm buying something that I know isn't rare or hard to acquire I'll look only at buy it now's but thank god there's people who like to have bidding wars on rare stuff- it really helps pay the bills! LOL

Seems like it's almost always the lower winning bidders who try to cop out on paying. I guess they think "Eh it's only $10 with shipping I just won't pay it, it's not like I'm not paying for a $100 item..." It gets recorded the same: as an unpaid bid on their account though. Not sure how many they are allowed before they can't bid anymore eBay doesn't exactly specify. Wish there was a way to see who has unpaid bids and how many before my auctions end so I could just cancel those guys right off and not wind up wasting my and the other honest bidders' time.

Twenty-five -- no, thirty . . .

Back