What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to transplant Pinguicula?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
So, I'm sure many of us have discovered that it's a little difficult to transplant Pinguicula. The low-lying rosette of leaves makes it difficult to accurately plant it into the soil.

So, what are some of your ways of transplanting Pinguicula?

Personally, I take the plant, place it on the soil, then I place new soil in the pot, covering almost all of the leaves. I only leave the growing point sticking out of the soil. Eventually, the plant grows and the new leaves grow on top of the new soil.

Any other ways?

Have you tried plucking off the low-lying leaves and use them for propagation?

i just set them ontop of the media with a little hole in it and lightly push em down into it....
they grow roots so quickly that it doesnt matter in my experiance on how you do it.

If we're taling Mexican pings, just do what Kris suggests. If it's the North American types, I would be more conscientious about moving a "plug".

that might be best -- just scoop out some of the dirt under them at the same time, and put them into the new pot, soil and all.

Back